Build confidence, leadership skills, life skills, learn to start your own social entrepreneurship enterprise and design your future on this epic 11 day adventure.
Run by ETC-Africa and the Wilderness Leadership School, one of South Africa's oldest and most respected NGO's, the course involves a range of activities and a structured learning program specifically aimed at giving important skills to young who want to making the world a better place.
The carefully designed program includes everything from swimming with sharks in the Indian Ocean to spending five days sleeping under the stars and tracking rhino on foot in a wilderness area and living in a rural Zulu village. Everything is designed to answer one question; who are YOU, where are YOU going and how can YOU change the world? Like they say, Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world usually do
What You'll Take Away & Course Highlights
“You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself.” ~ Alan Alda
By the end of this course you will have a set of skills and experiences that will change your life, including: By the end of this course you will have a set of skills and experiences that will change your life, including:
- Being exposed to ideas, careers, concepts, challenges and opportunities that you probably never knew existed
- Gaining a newfound sense of purpose and vision for your place in the world
- Nurturing a project from a tiny idea into a viable social entrepreneurship business model or value proposition ...with a solid plan!
- Developing a clear understanding of what you will need to do to get where you want to go, what skills you need to cultivate and what people you need to be engaging with.
- Find ways you can “bootstrap” your business idea and start growing it RIGHT NOW
- Learn about the practicalities of marketing, business planning, proposal writing, financial planning and harnessing the power of the internet to make things happen, essential skills!
- Become part of a global alumni of likeminded young people from all walks of life, sharing ideas and working towards making the world a better place (our cunning "master plan")
Immerse yourself in one of Africa's richest wildlife areas, track rhino on foot, sleep under the stars. A chance to reconnect to yourself, no phones, no watches, just you and nature.
Plunge into the warm Indian Ocean. Snorkel in crystal clear water, learn to surf, and swim with sharks. Don’t worry, our highly experienced guides will ensure you are safe!
Immerse yourself in a Zulu Village. Spend time with a traditional healer, learn new customs and experience rural Zululand, leave seeing the world through a new set of eyes.
These and other experiences are carefully facilitated through a series of workshops and interactions focused at unlocking your passion, your potential and forging your niche
ZAR19 200 per person (approx €1190 / $1350)
- Each experience directly contributes to conservation. We have ensured that you have NO hidden, unexpected costs.
- All meals, soft drinks & accommodation
- All equipment for trails and snorkelling (backpacks, sleeping bags, snorkel gear etc…)
- Emergency cover
- All transport and airport transfers from Durban (King Shaka International)
- All nature reserve and other entry fees
- Facilitators and guides
- Priceless memories
29 April - 9 May 2019
3-13 June 2019 3-13 June 2019*
(*Custom dates can be arranged for groups of 5 or more people)
Max 8 people per intake